Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Friday, April 23, 2010

April 23 - daily dose of mind murmurs

Getting ready to run the 2010 James Joyce Ramble 10K race, about which I am so excited! Preparing includes brushing up on the author's works. Doubliners is most familiar to me. I also can't help but harken back to the following Joyce words:

I am tomorrow, or some future day, what I establish today. I am today what I established yesterday or some previous day.

How true are those words? Presently, they are quite relevant in that I am anxious to beat my 2009 Ramble time of 1:09:54, and to see where I now stand vis-a-vis my 1/2 marathon that now is just over 9 weeks away. Those words also fit nicely into my remaking.

Those words remind me that every day counts, and is critical to who I was, am, and will be. Yesterday's, today's, and tomorrow's runs matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment