Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Monday, April 26, 2010

April 26 -- Daily dose of mind murmurs

According to schedule, I did not run today. I actually missed it, though I took the opportunity to strength train. I have not been following that portion of my schedule. My focus needs to find its way there. I read recently that strength is the key to a 1/2 marathon, core strength specifically. This portion of my training must be more of a priority.

My current Apple/iTunes/Amazon fun is with audiobooks. I have been reading, but the time for that is too little. I also have been thinking about an eReader. To try that, I got Kindle for PCs. I got Jenny Sanford's book, but have not gotten very far. It seems that I already am on the computer so much with work, and I need a break. I have been doing the podcast thing with such satisfying success and fabulous fun.

During the past few months, I listened to 2 books on CD (one that I received as a birthday gift and one that I checked out from the library) during my long commute to the office. I enjoyed them.

Presently, I am interested in Michael Lewis' books. I am hearing/reading so much about his new book, and I finally watched The Blind Side movie. I can't imagine how I would find the time right now to read one of his books. However, perhaps I could listen. As a test, I started with Liar's Poker. I enjoyed it tremendously for so many reasons that I will not now take the time to list. Suffice it to say that I just downloaded The Big Short. Can't wait for my commute tomorrow to start listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment