Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

4/28 -- Daily dose of mind murmurs

The strength I have gained thus far during this remaking got me through today. I made a plan last night, but was unable to work it right from the start when my son missed his bus and I had to drive him to school.

Strength training did not happen, but my hills session did. I was exhausted, but knew that I needed the scheduled 6 miles. They weren't easy, particularly when the incline was added for the hills portion. However, I stayed strong and did my best. Success was my reward. The session certainly wasn't as good as last week's, but that's okay.

I am dealing with the details so much better than before this remaking began. I am able to give myself credit as it is due.

Tonight, I am less tired than I was earlier today. Since completing my run, I have been reenergized. Overall, work went well, as did the evening with my family. Now, it's time for more work, and that's okay.

Another positive part of today was my audiobook fun. My walk with the dog and through the grocery store inlcuded The Big Short. Listening to this Michael Lewis book, rather than reading it, was a good decision for me. I am intrigued, and learning so much. This man is motivating. I know that I would have had a hard time right now getting through the print version, but I almost am done with the audio version. I will get through 2 of Lewis' books in less than 1 week simply by listening rather than reading. How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment