Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Daily dose of mind murmers

I had so much to do today, but I knew that I had to spend time with my Son. He started little league this past week and has wanted to practice. I bought a baseball glove this morning in anticipation of my inevitable involvement. I do still have the only glove that I ever owned. However, as I received it probably when I was in the second grade, it is quite small. I also decided that I deserved a new glove.

This afternoon, Connor asked me to play catch with him. I did. I had fun, and we both did a good job. While we were playing, he ran by me to fetch a wild ball. On his way back, without a word, he came over and gave me a huge hug. He then continued on his way. That was a monumental moment. As a Mom, for what more could I ask?

Quite regularly, I remind myself to focus on what I did, rather than on what’s left for me to do. I read recently (not recalling where) that what counts is progress, not perfection.

Remember to marvel at the moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment