Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Weekly wanderings

I sit here full of myself, at least for today, because I fabulously finished the 10K James Joyce Ramble race. I stayed so strong, crossing the finish line after only 58:33 minutes, with a 9:26/mile pace. I am proud of that finish.

My pride is based on so much. My finish is evidence that my training is working. I am getting faster and stronger. Last year, I ran the same race with a pace of 11:15/mile, and a time of 1:09:43. Last year's weather was so much different -- hot as can be. However, I know that I was stronger today.

This race was the completion of a terrific training week, with a toal of 24.2 miles. I completed the hills and speed sessions so strongly. I trained at about a 10 minute pace.

My son was on vacation this week, and I had so much work to do. I tried to make his vacation special, but with only limited success.

Setting priorities, focusing on right now, as well as benefits and burdens balancing helped me through this challenging and busy week.

I now am exhausted. I am drained. I was defeated somewhat this week, but I will focus on my successes.

No comments:

Post a Comment