Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Weekly wanderings

This week's hills and speed training sessions were awesome! My running carried me through otherwise hectic days. So much was not as planned, and, therefore, successfully completing my training as planned provided plenty of pleasure.

Saturday's long run was shared with Jen, my Team Challenge partner. Though I typically run alone, it was fun to run the 7 miles with her.

I am over $2,300 in my fundraising, well in excess of my $2,100 goal. I have 53 supporters. Thinking that the raising money portion of this remaking would enhance it was right on. I feel like I am making a difference, and reaching beyond my little piece of this planet.

Getting what I need while giving to and for others is happening! I am practicing my benefits and burdens balancing, and it's working for me.

When I have an action item, I try to look at in in terms of my needs and wants. If the item fits with my needs or wants, I identify, and then balance, the benefits and burdens of moving forward. When the benefits outweigh the burdens, then it's a go. This exercise has been quite helpful of late. After completing it, I feel much more comfortable advancing. I move forward confidently and with no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment