Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Monthly monitor - March

March was marvelous. I exercised 24 of the 31 days. I am so on target with my running and raising money adventure. I ran a fabulous 5K.

My training is going well. I am following my trainer’s schedule almost perfectly. A great joy was my fun and successful 5K. My time was 28:28.9, or a 9:11/mile pace. That was so much faster than I had imagined. I was hoping for a 9.5/mile pace. I was strong from start to finish.

My fundraising moved forward. It's interesting to see who ends up donating. I am glad that I reached out because I ended up getting donations from some whom I did not expect.

Dave, Connor, and I had a date -- we saw 101 Dalmatians the musical. At one point, Connor commented that they were singing a lot. He said that he "kinda" liked it. However, he was so attentive. I want to introduce my son to as much as possible. Going to the theater is something with which Connor should be familiar.

My remaking is all that I had hoped -- I am feeling so much better about myself, and I am less stressed. I am being productive, while doing much more than before. It's amazing how the same 24 hours can be used so differently. I am balancing my needs and wants, and moving forward with action items with an open mind.

March leaves me with thoughts of the following Joan Benoit Samuelson words, "Love yourself, for who and what you are; protect your dream and develop your talent to the fullest extent."

Reading has happily filled more and more hours. The list is long and diverse, including an old friend who has found his way back into my mind -- the poet Robert Frost. So many of his poems mean so much to me. Presently, I am thinking about Into My Own, and how nicely it fits into my remaking. That poem ends,

"They would not find me changed from him they knew --
Only more sure of all I thought was true."

No comments:

Post a Comment