Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chosen luxury -- audible.com membership

For so many reasones, learning and books are extra important to me right now.  Recently, my son commented that we have so many books in our house; I cherished that comment because I want him to develop my love for books.

At the beginning of this year, I treated myself to an audible.com membership because I don't always have time to read books in paper or Kindle format.  In 2010, I developed my love of listening.  The many podcasts I regularly listen to through iTunes are so fun!  I also enjoyed the few audiobooks I listened to. 

My audible membership is just over 1 month old, and I recently finsihed listening to my second book.  I also love the extended New York Times audio that I receive (sometimes I want more than The Front Page podcast) because my paper subscription is limited to the Sunday edition.  The interview with Kathryn Stockett was wonderful; The Help is waiting in my library for download. 

My son also is having fun with this membership.  He has all of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books, which are a bit above his reading level.  He reads some pages, and I read some pages to him.  We downloaded one of the books from audible, and now he can listen on the iPod Touch while he reads along in the paper format!

The book I just finished is, The Little Book of Bull Moves in Bear Markets:  How to Keep your Portfolio up (unabridged) by Peter D. Schiff.  The review I wrote is entitled, I learned, therefore, I liked.  This book was part of my finance focus.  I am glad that I listened to this book because the extremely detailed parts may have resulted in my not getting to the end, which I enjoyed.  Most importantly, I learned that the small role I play in my investments is sufficient. I don't think that I want to devote additional time and energy to my investment strategy.

No comments:

Post a Comment