Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Food Focus / Selections - Day 9

In addition to already incorporated selections, today I purchased the last of the 30 healthiest foods.  They were bulgur, kiwi, and sardines, each of which I used today.  Using the sardines brought memories of my Dad, who ate them regularly.  I could not employ his regular tactic of adding them to saltines.  Instead, I simply used them as an accent to my dinner. 

Kiwi was tasty, but I did not love it alone.  I will have to find something with which to pair it, starting with the Real Simple article's suggestion.

Bulgur is so interesting, and another item with which I have not worked.  It is a fun find that I am looking forward to regularly incorporating into my selections.

In 9 days, I have not had white potatoes, white rice, or regular pasta, one of which I selected each day.  I don't miss those selections, and am having fun with my new selections!  What do you know, again I find fun  in an unexpected location -- my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment