Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Healthiest foods / super spices - Day 2

Today's selections included the following 9 of the Real Simple 30 healthiest foods:  almond butter; quinoa; skim milk; eggs; spinach; salmon; olive oil; kale; and broccoli.  Of the 10 spices on the McCormick super spices list, I selected the following 4:  black pepper; garlic powder; ginger; and red pepper.

Actually, I discovered quinoa because I don't recall having had it before.  I quite enjoyed this selection, and think that it could develop into a staple for me.  It's simple, with a nice texture, and I think that it will take on the flavor of what is prepared with/added to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment