Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Weekly Wanderings -- Week 7

This was a busy and scattered week, with lots going on.  Each day brought new challenges.  Fortunately, as I am in a good place personally, I was able to go with the flow and live life as it unfolded.  Perhaps I would be charaterized mostly as a proud plugger.  

I still have not incorporated the last 2 healthiest  food selections -- barley and lentils.  I will fit them in before month end.  In the meantime, I am so satisfied with the many healthiest food selections that I have continued to incorporate.

My fit focus was absolutely awesome, with 4 fulfilling runs!  Three of them were outside, and totally reenergizing.  One run was at the gym, but was a success because I tracked the bit of speed I am rediscovering.  Twice, I specifically recall thinking that I did not have time for a fun -- life was getting in the way.  Instead of following those thoughts, I fortunately forced myself to fit me in.

Significantly, each day I was able to cross at least one item off my life list.  Some items carry with them my inadequacies and insecurities.  Crossing them off, therefore, brings such success.

Too much of my brain is bogged down with readjusting and refocusing which of my many roles holds the primary position.  Part of this preoccupation derives from one of my exhusband's significant statements, which expressed his feelings that he was third after my job and my family.  Though those words were spoken more than a decade ago, they still haunt me more or less.

This week, roles of mother, employee, and runner competed for the primary position.  I am concerned about the roles that did not even make it to the tertiary position.  Time will tell what will happen with those concerns....  For now, I will remind myself that I only can do my best, which will have to be enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment