Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Weekly Wanderings - Week 6

This week worked because I took steps forward on many fronts.  As anticipated, finance, family, and fun focuses fell into place more or less, but well.  Food and fit focuses were awesome. 

Working the 30 healthiest foods list is providing a fun foundation for my food focus.  I still have 2 selections to incorporate.  The other 28 selections are fitting into my diet nicely.  I am learning a lot and I do feel better!  I enjoy food.  At times, I really don't care what I eat.  Making healthy choices, therefore, makes sense for me.  Such choices may take a few more minutes to prepare, but they are well spent.  I am worth it.

Deciding to limit my fit focus to running for now was smart.  In keeping with what works, this decision will work for me currently.  This week, I fit in 4 runs, each of which provided value.  Monday's 1 hour run outside was absolutely awesome!  The other runs were at the gym.  My overall mileage still is much lower than I want it to be, but it is increasing nicely each week, currently at about 14 miles.  At some point, I will have to reincorporate weights.  Right now, however, I am realizing so many benefits from my runs (physically, emotionally, and mentally) so they will continue to receive my sole attentions.

Implementing my mantra -- choose luxury --  is working well for me.  When I choose luxury, then I feel better about myself and more committed to being the best mom, employee, wife, daughter, family member, and friend that I can.  I can define what luxury means to and for me.  Each choice is mine!

My mind murmurs often migrate to figuring out what I want and what is going on "out there."  Currently, so much attention is paid to extremes -- the best, the worst, the most, the least, the wackiest, and the most dramatic.  I am done with extremes.  I want to live in moderation, with a beneficial balance.  Perhaps that's why one of my favorite television shows currently is Chopped.  The prize is $10K, which is significant but not over the top.  The participants are cooks, but not the best or worst ones.  There's not too much time for too much drama, but the content is interesting and entertaining.  I enjoy this Food Network show, and I often learn something from it -- an added bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment