Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Food Focus / selections - Day 7

Today's selections included:  walnuts; almond butter; skim milk; almonds; spinach; olive oil; avocados; edamame; and black beans.  Spices were:  black pepper; cinnamon; ginger; and red pepper.  

Black beans were the new item.  I do like these, but never remember to have them around/include them in daily selections.  I actually cooked them for the first time.  I made a big batch, and portioned them into Ziploc bags for ease of use later.  Perhaps next time I will use canned, but it was an adventure to cook them!

Some selections are being repeated regularly.  As it's been a week and though I am tracking my daily selections, I think that I will now only post about newly used selections.  I still have pretty many that I need to include to reach my goal of using all 30 during February. 

No comments:

Post a Comment