Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Food / spice selections - Day 4

Today's selections were:  quinoa; skim milk; almonds; spinach; olive oil; chicken breasts; pumpkin; and nonfat Greek yogurt.  Spice selections were:  black pepper; cinnamon; garlic powder; ginger; and thyme.

The ginger was a bit different because I used crystallized ginger!  A fun find was pumpkin spread!  I was trying to figure out how to incorporate pumpkin into my selections.  While browsing through The Village Market, one of my chosen luxuries, I discovered pumpkin spread, which I did not know existed.  It was a delicious accent to my dinner salad.  Adding to the fun was putting the spread on a slice of the cheese bread loaf I got as a birthday treat from Seven Stars Bakery.

On the food front, this was a delightfully delicious day.  For that, I am grateful, primarily because this day otherwise was quite challenging.  I choose to focus on the positive.  Enough said.  

No comments:

Post a Comment