Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Amazon Answer

To properly pursue my focus factors, I need to efficiently use the 24 hours provided to me each day. How do I accomplish that a bit better? The answer is simple, Amazon.

I do not enjoy shopping, but I do enjoy having things. Typically, I know what I want and I don't want to wait and/or search for it. I often have fantasized about having a personal shopper. For now, Amazon will do. The Amazon awesomeness revealed itself to me several times just this week. I had to return something from Christmas. That was done so simply!!! Also, to complete a collection of frames, I needed a particular one. The color, size, and material had to match the collection. After just a few clicks, the order was placed. Then, a few days later, the frame arrived. Now the project is done with little stress and big satisfaction!

Amazon also fuels my need for knowledge and entertainment. This week's fuel is provided by my new Kindle and my new membership to Audible.com. Through a Kindle book, knowledge flows in at night to help relax after a busy day. During a workout at the gym or a walk with the dog, I am entertained by listening to the NYTimes or a book that I know I will not have time to actually read.

No comments:

Post a Comment