Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Daily dose of doing

Putting my doing mode into action was absolutely awesome. Generally, I decided that I needed to get back to basics.

I fit me in for a favorite activity – running outside. Typically, once I am out on the road I get lost in myself. This time I ended up running a fabulous five miles. I wasn’t fast, but that doesn’t matter, which is just one benefit of running for pleasure rather than for training. My iPod accompanied me with a selection of fun and motivating songs. My thoughts easily fit in and flowed, practically propelling me along one of my routine routes that has been calling me of late.

My run gave me energy and strength, which I ended up needing to deal with my husband, who had a difficult day. Several issues arose for him that I think were more of a big deal based on his work status. I feel that we calmly got through the day, or at least I did anyway. For that, I am grateful.

I productively proceeded through my work day, plugging along through so many open items and getting things done!

The food factor fit in nicely, with a pork loin dinner. My Son ate quite a bit, which always makes me feel successful! The pork was easily seasoned with McCormick’s pork rub spice mix. This was not extravagant, but was a yummy manageable meal that made family time fabulous.

My stocks took a beating today, so the finance factor was not as much of a high as other factors. However, I didn’t spend any money, so I will take that as a positive in the finance factor column.

I have a bit more work before I’m done for the day, but presently I will focus on the fun factor, watching Top Chef and flipping through some apps on my iPod Touch. Also, I have to fit in my requisite few minutes with my new toy, my Kindle. How fun is it that Anthony Bourdain is on Top Chef and on my Kindle with Kitchen Confidential?

No comments:

Post a Comment