Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Mantra -- Choose Luxury

One of the many benefits of remaking is deciding how adjustments to life’s changes will unfold. Remaking for me typically requires a mantra. Currently, I am developing the following mantra,

choose luxury.

Development of this mantra raises thoughts of past mantras. They certainly reflect where I am in my life.

Right now, choices are such a huge part of my life. I have to make so many choices, and I am trying to teach my son to make good choices. Also, I feel strongly that I need to pursue what works for me. Making choices is paramount to this personal pursuit.

The word luxury is proving to be a critical part of my mantra because it evokes a positive mental state, which is critical. I need luxuries in my life. The definition of luxury supports my decision to use this word in my mantra. Included in the Merriam-Webster definition is, “something adding to pleasure or comfort but not absolutely necessary” and “an indulgence in something that provides pleasure, satisfaction, or ease.”

I am having buckets of fun developing my mantra!

No comments:

Post a Comment