Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Fit Focus

I chose the word fit for various reasons. I want to be more fit physically, and I need to fit me in for that to happen.

It is realistic to think about being fit, rather than about losing a certain number of pounds. For almost every year for as long as I can remember, losing weight has been a resolution of mine. Currently, thinking specifically about a number of pounds that I need to shed would almost certainly be setting me up for failure.

Aiming to exercise and eat healthfully, which will result in fitness, are better focuses for me. Also, following a particular diet will not work for me. As someone who successfully (30 pounds in 3 months) and unsuccessfully (virtually no pounds in about 2 months) followed Weight Watchers, I know what success would involve and I am not willing to do it right now.

For now, eating well is workable. Regular exercise is workable. It will produce fitness, and it provides physical and mental benefits. I also enjoy it. In fact, for me, it overlaps with the fun factor about which more will be written another day.

Running still is the best thing that I do for myself. I have been going to the gym also, but I prefer running outside. I did it today, and the 4+ miles were awesome!

My goal is to fit in a flexible schedule. Currently, I am fitting in exercise about 3 times each week. I would love to increase it to 4 or 5, but.... I have been running, weight training, and even walking on the treadmill with a significant incline. The varied routine currently is realistic and fits with my thought that anything is better than nothing. Making the time to exercise at all is more important than the exact details of the exercise.

Right now, fitting in my fit focus is sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment