Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Weekly Wanderings - week 2

During this past week I worked all five focus factors with varied success. As is typical, I had a great plan, but life got in the way. I have been living the expression, life is what happens when you’re making other plans. Anyway, all in all I would say that the week went well, and included:

Fun – we played in the snow!

Fit – I worked out 3 times. Sunday’s run on the treadmill at the gym was much better than expected, and a fine lesson in feeling better after fitting me in.

Finance – nothing new here, just way too busy with my job, the source of revenue.

Food – family meal time worked well, and the weekend included new dishes of turkey and meatballs (I am trying to make meatballs as good as Subway’s, currently my Son’s favorite).

Family – I met 3 sisters and 1 sister-in-law for dinner to celebrate the latter’s birthday. This family time reminded me of the foundation that my family provides. Currently, I am busy focusing on what needs to be done to get through the days and weeks, sometimes in a vacuum. Being with family helps me to put things in perspective as to how far I have come. I was reminded that my family is a great source of strength. Family time also included an overnight with my Son at my Mom’s house. This time was quite special. Though my Mom’s and my roles often are reversed, saying goodnight at bedtime reminded me that I am her daughter, the baby of her 8 children.

Finally on the family front (and well within the fun factor), I have set up a space to resume my letter project. Nuance’s Dragon Naturally Speaking is an invaluable part of this project! It is so simple! The letter I transcribed on Sunday is dated January 31, 1944 (20 years to the day before I was born). My serviceman Dad was updating my Mom from “somewhere in Italy.” I even developed at least a working title for this book project. For now, it will be, DIM Memories, letters that shaped a family. As part of this project, I also purchased from Amazon and started to read, Daniel Patrick Moynihan, A Portrait in Letters of an American Visionary, Edited by Steven R. Weisman.

My thoughts are running wild, and I have so much to write. However, there's also so much to do. At times, I am better at doing than at thinking and writing. Now may be one of those times. I need to embrace that feeling and run with it (literally and figuratively). Doing results in my being productive, which provides me with pure pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment