Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Chosen luxuries


chosen luxuries
 Miscellaneous mind murmurs regarding my mantra include: making choices is personal; I am exerting control and power over my existence; the precious time that is my own must be filled with luxuries; a luxury can cost little or no money; and I deserve luxury.

My mantra can’t have any negative connotation or aspect of deprivation or cutting back. That’s not to say that I don’t deprive myself and cut back everyday. Such often are the results of my choices. However, when deprivation and cutting back are the results of my choice, then I can accept them.

Making choices about luxuries necessarily includes prioritizing. I often make choices about luxuries based on my priorities. For example, last year, I chose a luxury vacation over a new car because my priority was to focus on getting away to relax and enjoy family fun. That choice proved to be one of the best ones that I made in 2010. Everyone enjoyed our time at The Balsams, from which we took so many memories, and my 2003 Jeep Liberty that has over 225,000 miles still is running just fine.

This picture displays a few of my favorite current luxury choices, specifically:

A new Starbucks mug
The New York Times Sunday edition,

     with first focus on the Book Review section
My iPod touch
My Amazon Kindle


These items are the epitome of my mantra. I have chosen these luxuries with thoughtful care and enjoy them daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment