Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Family Focus

On any given day, this focus factor differs in its scope, from my boys at home, to Mummy, and then to my siblings and beyond. I am grateful that the scope differs because the intensity of this factor can be overwhelming. For now, I appreciate that my family is invaluable.

Within the family focus is my desire to transcribe the many letters that my Dad wrote to my Mom during the 1940s, primarily when he was overseas in the Service for 2 years before their more than 50 year marriage began in August, 1944. I have read many of these letters, and have transcribed some. I want to spend more time on this project, which provides layers to the family foundation and historic perspective. For example, I loved reading a letter that talks about Jack Benny's performance and then finding the photograph my Dad took of that performance.

This project actually falls within both the family focus and the fun focus factors based on the huge pleasure this project provides. After all, within the Marriam-Webster definition of fun is, "what derives amusement or enjoyment." I want to make a plan for moving forward with this project. I need to fit it in! I will, with even small steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment