Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Weekly Wanderings - week 3

This week was productive, and for that I am truly grateful. I fit in each of the five factors and am realizing that they are quite intertwined for me. Their overlapping makes it easier for me to fit them in, work them well, and move forward with an awesome attitude.

I am learning (for probably the tenth time) to live in the moment, focusing on what then is happening (rather than on the so many other things that I often feel I should be doing). Such focus included fitting in the five factors with success, and as follows:

Fit – I worked out 3 times. Though I wish I had fit in one more workout, I am comforted by the fact that the 3 I had were high quality, with no junk miles or wasted weights. My 2 runs were different (one outside and one at the gym), but each had such value! In addition to those workouts, my dog and I had many walks that provided pure pleasure. Our Sunday morning walk by the reservoir was so beautiful; the trees were coated in ice and the bright sun made them glisten! Thankfully, I was able to truly appreciate this sight.

Family – I began and ended the week with Mummy. I enjoyed my time with her and my son. Generally, our time together can be challenging. Right now, I know that because I am in a good place personally, I am able to be present for these two important people in my life, the 90 year-old and the 7 year-old. On Saturday, I joined 3 sisters and 2 sisters-in-law for a spa and lunch outing in celebration of my third sister’s 60th birthday. This outing was fun and fulfilling on so many levels. Having left my husband and son behind for much of the day, I focused on them for the remainder of the day. Everyone got a bit of what they wanted, and, therefore, the day overall was a success! Dinner ended up being pizza that we brought in so that we would have time to make cookies. So many things include giving and taking, and finding a balance that works.

Fun -- The realization that fun does not have to mean what it did in the past is huge. I am finding I have fun in ways that I did not previously define as fun events/activities. During this week, I had tons of fun with my son after supper when we sat together and worked on activity pages from workbooks that I have been moving from one location to another for too long. Being productive in my work and home organizing has brought pleasure to me so I am thinking that such productivity is fun for me. In the end, remaking what fun means to me and looks like for me is proving to be invaluable.

Finance - My stocks are holding their own. I completed 2 months of ownership with an overall 8.5% gain. That is encouraging. Presently, as the dust still settles from year-end expenditures, I am trying simply not to spend money, which actually is going well.

Food – Dinnertime was relaxing and enjoyable, which made it fun for me. My son ate quite well without complaints. Generally, the menu was basic. On Friday (knowing that I was going to be gone most of the next day) I made a fancier dinner than usual. We ate our steak and shrimp leisurely, while the candles burned and Zac Brown Band played in the background.

Because this week was busy, and I wasn’t able to work within the schedule that I had set, I ended up making some poor snack selections. I will learn from that, taking more time this week to make smarter snack selections.

No comments:

Post a Comment