Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Fun Focus

Figuring out how to fulfill the fun factor is daunting, mostly because I am not sure what fun means to/for me. I always thought that fun was partying, and going out with others. As I am not doing much of that lately, I thought that I must not be having much fun. However, I am realizing that what is fun for me now is different from what was fun for me before.

Fun has been included in the factors on which to focus because I associate laughter with fun, and I do know the importance of laughter in a healthy and complete life. Also, I tend to be much too serious, uptight, and demanding of myself and others. I need to lighten up, and will do so if I focus on making and taking time to have fun.

Parts of Webster’s definition of fun are: providing entertainment, amusement, or enjoyment; to indulge in banter or play; a mood for finding or making enjoyment; and action or speech that provides amusement or enjoyment.

I so enjoy learning, so it will be included in my fun factor. I derive huge pleasure from spending time with my son, and I am thoroughly amused by his antics, so this time too will be included in my fun. Actually, I must say that I enjoy running. Wow, it too then can fall within the fun factor! Yes, another benefit of running!

For the next little while, perhaps thorough the end of this month, I will keep better track of times that I enjoy as a basis for moving forward with the fun factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment