Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Food Focus

Periodically, I ponder my food preparation resources. Currently, I have decided that they, and sources of food inspiration, simply are too abundant!

At times, I get caught up searching for, and organizing, recipes. I have more food apps on my iPod touch than I ever could use effectively. My recipe books are close at hand for quick reference, and I have several sorting systems (binders and index card boxes) in place for the odd recipes that catch my attention in newspapers, magazines, and on the Internet. These provide such comfort to me. However, I realize over and over again that any system I have set up is only as good as my ability to use it. Also, I am drawn back to the idea that I have to simply use what works for me.

This and last night are good examples of using what works and minimizing the number of resources. Two new resources for me are McCormick and about.com. Last night, I made an easy turkey meatloaf according to a McCormick package. Tonight, I used an about.com recipe that lives up to its promise of being an easy chicken parmesan.

More complex dishes end up being prepared less frequently, particularly because I have a full time job and the palate of my regular audience leaves a lot to be desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment