Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mind Murmur - notable quote

I subscribe to the Runner's World quote of the day, which appears daily in my email inbox. I look forward to this email and often end up printing the quotes for continued inspiration. Today's quote totally resonates with me:

It's the one thing that's mine. My runs everyday are my thing. It's my therapy, my hour to myself. Nobody can really take it away from me... It's such a huge part of me. I love to say that I'm a runner.

Summer Sanders, Olympic gold-medalist in swimming

No comments:

Post a Comment