Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Fabulous five focus factors

Magical Moment
Without real planning, I ended up realizing all five focus factors today. The ease with which they played out was precipitated by the work that I have been doing to take action.

I ran 3 miles outside before picking up cleaning for my mom and then watching my son’s soccer game, after which I had a date with my husband and son. We ice skated outside in the city, enjoyed a lovely dinner out (partaking in restaurant week), browsed and bought at Borders (using a discount coupon and borders bucks), and then I used my birthday coupon at Ann Taylor to get a lovely cashmere sweater for $44.88.

The absolute monumental moment was when my son and I were on the ice. I had to hold him pretty tightly because it was only his second time on skates. He asked me, “is this fun for you?” I easily responded that it was tons of fun for me because I was spending time with my son while he was learning something new. He smiled, and hugged me. That was it!!! I am grateful that I was able to be in such a good place that I was able to lavish in this luxury that cost all of $8.00 (for the skate rental because my son’s Feinstein Junior Scholar Club card covered the rink time).

Today's treats were chosen luxuries in that I had lots of work, chores, and errands to do (which of course I fit in earlier and will again turn my attention to later).  Instead of laboring with those all day, however, I took time to reward myself.   

What wonderful wanderings….

No comments:

Post a Comment