Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Finance Focus

Small steps matter, and sometimes you simply have to start. While I always have been money conscious, often to a fault, I never have been too adventurous about, and with my, money.

Five weeks ago, 10 weeks before turning 47, I purchased stock for the first time. I do have a 401K and a rollover IRA, but I am not very involved in them. I have wanted to be more proactive. Also, I get sick over thinking that checking and savings accounts are not places to store money. Finally, buying stock would be another way to teach my Son about money. He regularly checks the Stocks App on our iPod Touch.

Traditionally, I don't act without gathering what I consider to be sufficient information. However, as with so much these days, information is too abundant. Often, I end up taking no action at all.

Knowing that I had to move from my stock paralysis, I used a bit of money and bought a number of different stocks. I am learning a ton and having a blast! I also have great satisfaction in knowing that as of today, I am realizing a 7% return.

No comments:

Post a Comment